Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blowing Glass

As you may or may not know, I used to blow glass when I lived on the east coast.  When I moved to AZ, I thought I would be able to find a studio to rent time in, but that has not yet become a reality.  I do however, still have a love for glass and one of my favorite glass blowers is Dale Chihuly from Seattle.  He is very famous and has several videos out, that are shown periodically on PBS, so if you are interested you should check them out.  He also has installations around the world and if you ever get a chance to see one of them you will not be disappointed. Desert Botanical Gardens is trying to purchase one piece to keep for permanent installation.  The Bellagio hotel in Vegas, has one of his pieces in the lobby, and there is a piece in one of the office buildings in Salt Lake city, just to name a few.

Dale had an installation at the Desert Botanical Gardens last year and we went for my birthday.  It was fabulous, and we got some amazing shots.  Unfortunately, we cannot use any of them for commercial reasons, so you will not see them in any of our products for sale or any of our calendars, but I thought I would share some with you here.

Alvin and I created two collages of many of our favorites which we have hanging in our home for our own enjoyment.

Hope you enjoy them too!












No comments:

Post a Comment